For you serious techies we just had this in, and we think this is one you shouls treat yourselves to just take a look at some of the customer reviews we have included for.
Pros: Wow, that's really all I can say. Oh, and that this thing is a beast and will tear through new games like nothing else. I've played Fallout NV, Oblivion, Crysis 2, The Witcher 2 and many more games and I don't think I can ever go back to the console versions of some of these games. Can't wait to test this thing out with the newer games to come. May have to SLi it sometime in the near future. Oh yeah, I should also mention that this thing stays cool. ReEEEAAAL cooool. If you manually turn the fan up to 100%, you aren't even going to go above 50c if you have good airflow in your case. Gigabyte did a wonderful job!
Cons: Nothing really. Scared me a bit when I had to plug in the power. Had to push pretty hard to get those plugs in and was afraid I'd break it but everything when smooth.
Other Thoughts: You could always shell out the extra 100-150 to get a 580 if you want. I'm sure that would be worth it also.
Pros: I was able to overclock the gpu @ 980 mhz
Shader clock @ 2,000 mhz
Memory clock @ 4,100 mhz
Change the value of:
"VolChipType"=5 to 4 using OC Guru.
Voltage is now between 1.25 V
GPU clock can be set at more than 1GHz.
Ensure stability in 3DMark11.
Shader clock @ 2,000 mhz
Memory clock @ 4,100 mhz
Change the value of:
"VolChipType"=5 to 4 using OC Guru.
Voltage is now between 1.25 V
GPU clock can be set at more than 1GHz.
Ensure stability in 3DMark11.
Cons: None but others trying to SLI this series can have major issues. If your mobo has the pci-e slots next to one another the top card will overheat due to a design flaw with Windforce x3. If your mobo has another slot separating two of the pic-e slots then you will have no issues getting SLI to work when using two of these cards.
Other Thoughts: I did not love the OC Guru software but MSI's KOMBUSTOR plus other companies overclocking software works great with this card. Take your pick or play with them all.
Getting the flexibility of external hard drives combined with the security of a RAID array has never been easier! Mediasonic’s HFR2-S3B accommodates four 3.5’’ SATA I/II hard drives, and each drive can be up to a whopping 2000GB. It connects to your PC with Windows or Mac OS through hot-swappable USB 2.0 or eSATA connection as well as FireWire 400/800 ports.
You will never need to worry about your hard disk drive malfunctioning with the RAID technology. The Mediasonic HFR2-S3B integrates a hardware RAID controller to support RAID 0/1/3/5/10 configurations while reducing the load of the server. A RAID control button makes the setup easy. A smart fan with auto/manual mode and 3-level speed combines with the built-in thermal-sensor to keep the drives cool and running at peak levels. And this is very easy to setup.
Dominate the battle field and frag your opponents with the CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme 1314 gaming PC. Designed with game enthusiasts in mind, this powerhouse comes outfitted with powerful components and a wealth of features that not only meet your requirement for gaming, but also provides excellent performance for other demanding tasks, such as photo editing, video transcoding, and more. The rugged AZZA Orion Gaming Tower offers cosy accommodation for your system yet makes your power rig stand from crowd with its style and elegance.
Pros: Starting up took a few moments because I didn't realize that the graphics card was quite loose. Once I got that fixed though, it ran smoothly. There's sometimes some weird jutting noises, but I don't think that has anything to do with the computer. I tested the computer on Starcraft 2, and it runs smoothly on high, much better than my older computer. I'm impressed by it.
Cons: None at the moment, just some weird jutting noises that will probably stop.
Other Thoughts: At first I thought my computer would be the same like all the other 1eggers, bsod, faulty hardware etc. But boy, was I wrong. Setting up was easy as 1-2-3. Purolator was fast (3 days) in shipping it here. I personally think that the cause of these 1-3eggers are just because of their shipping company and how lazy they are, so blame the shipping, not the computer. The computer itself is fine.
BURN FASTER
Internal 22x Super-Multi Drive
The LG Super-Multi GH22NP21 internal DVD Rewriter features a 22x DVD±R write speed and a 48x write speed for CD-R. Designed for storage needs that demand consistency, the GH22NP21 reads and writes in CD, DVD±R, DVD±RW, and DVD RAM formats giving you the option to choose the media best suited for each task. Low price. Unit measures 5.7"W x 1.6H x 6.5D.

No comments:
Post a Comment