Monday, 26 September 2011

A big hello as usual and a warm welcome from us to you. The weekend went by so fast I woke up this morning thinking it was Sunday and if it wasn't for my dirty Sunday socks on the floor who knows how long that would of lasted lol, anyway back to business and we have included the 'new customer offer' from Newegg  and also you could grab hold of this mouse.
Get $10 off on your first order of $50 & above with promo code "NEWCUSTOMER10" at Newegg.com, expires 9/30
Free $65 RAZER Spectre mouse with purchase of selected products at Newegg.com, expires 9/30



Acer G245HQAbd 23.6" LCD Monitor Black 5ms Full HD Widescreen 300 cd/m2Acer 23.6" LCD Monitor 5ms Full HD Widescreen 300 cd/m2 ACM 80,000:1 (1,000:1) - $149.99 + Free Shipping at Newegg.com, exp. 9/26



Pros: not only the screen is big, but it's accurate. pixels are good, colors, response, everything.
over-all, this monitor is a good buy specially for budget gamers.
Cons: none.


$30 off instantly on Creative Inspire S2 29 W 2.1 Speaker System - $49.99 at Newegg.com, expires 9/26

ASUS A53 Notebook Intel Pentium B940(2.00GHz) 15.6" 4GB Memory DDR3 1333 320GB HDD-$349.99 + Free Shipping at Newegg.com, exp. 9/28


Pros: Fast startup, quick web surfing, great webcam, perfect for students or people who just need a laptop to surf the internet.
Cons: Mediocre graphics.
Other Thoughts: I'm voting it down one because the only thing wrong with it is that the graphics can't handle gaming. If you cry about having to uninstall "a lot" of bloatware then you must have never purchased a computer or laptop before in your life. It's really not that big of a deal, took me like 15 minutes to get all the trash off.
I bought this mainly for school and it does everything I need it to. Skype works great on it too, by the way. The wireless is fine, surfs the web quickly. This is just one of those laptops that you really have to try and keep clean and not download too many large programs because then the performance will slow down. If you need a fast laptop for minimal stuff, then this is the best deal. I wouldn't recommend for anybody running heavy Photoshop or any current games whatsoever. Otherwise, it's great! I'm happy with my cheap buy.



PowerColor Radeon HD 6870 AX6870 1GBD5-2DH Video Card with EyefinityPowerColor Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 Video Card w Eyefinity - $139.99 (w $20 code "POCO926" & $20MIR) at Newegg.com, exp. 10/2



Pros: I bought two of these cards for a crossfire setup in my new build. I was a little skeptical due to the low review count and the fact that it's not exactly the most well-known of brands. I couldn't be happier. Both cards run great. There isn't a gaming title to date that this setup can't max out easily. I am only running them at 1080p, but they really never have any trouble. Anything more than this card is overkill.
Cons: This card requires both PCI Express power cables to be connected to run. I was receiving some mixed signals as to whether or not it was necessary to have both connected so I tried with only one each and I got no video signal. This means for my crossfire setup I needed four separate cables running to my video cards. This obviously isn't anything wrong with this card specifically as it applies to every card in this performance range.
Other Thoughts: Really the only difference between the brands is cooling solutions, warranty, and a possible factory overclock. This card stays very cool. Playing Deus Ex: HR maxed out at 1080p my crossfire setup got up to 70C in my Coolermaster HAF 912 case. A crossfire setup will run hotter than a single card, so if you're only getting one, you should stay even cooler. The warranty is fine on these. As far as factory overclock goes, who needs it? You can do it yourself fairly easily.

Don't pay more just for a name. Save yourself some money. This really is a fantastic card.

All I can say for now is a crossfire setup with doesn't even get stressed in any game I can find on max settings. I'll disconnect one at some point down the road and see how a single card does performance and temperature wise and post another review. I think I deserve to review twice anyways since I bought two cards haha...


Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 320GB 2.5" Ultra-portable Hard Drive$30 off instantly on Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 320GB 2.5" Ultra-portable Hard Drive - $39.99 + Free Shipping at Newegg.com, expires 9/29

The Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Ultra–portable drive offers automatic, continuous backup of your data, and secures your backed up files to protect your privacy with powerful encryption software. Included Seagate Dashboard management tool allows for easy management of backup schedules, file encryption, and at–a–glance drive statistics, including available capacity.
WORKS INTERCHANGEABLY ON BOTH PC AND MACWhether you have a PC or a Mac computer–or if you go back and forth between the two – you can access and save files on the same portable hard drive anytime without reformatting. (Reformatting to HFS+ is required to use backup software for Mac or Time Machine software.)
BUILT-IN FLEXIBILITYEasily upgrade from USB 2.0 interface to USB 3.0, eSATA or FireWire 800 for faster transfer speeds for your large files and HD movies with optional GoFlex upgrade cables and kits. Extends your digital life so you can access and share your files from anywhere by pairing your drive with the GoFlex Net media sharing device. You can also pair your drive with the GoFlex TV HD media player to view your movies and photos on your TV.

Pros: Like it, very easy to use, just plug it in and its ready to go.
Great for carrying around since its small enough to fit in your pocket. Even works well for doing work in Adobe Premiere, keeps up withe drive while editing. Overall not a bad drive at all, and hey,
its a Seagate so you know it has to alright.
Cons: None

No comments:

Post a Comment